Improving access to food and nutrition by enhancing dietary adequacy through created and rehabilitated productive and social infrastructure for communities in Masvingo District.
· Improve dietary diversity score from 4 to 6 for nutrition gardens and irrigation beneficiaries.
· Increased women participation in leadership positions during productive asset creation and utilisation from 20% to 60%.
· Improving household diet and sanitation through nutrition education and participatory health and hygiene education respectively.
· Improve income through market oriented crop and livestock production.
• Increased nutrition and food security through diversified production.
• Increased resilience to shocks and micronutrients intake through improved livestock and crop production.
• Increased women access to markets and income through intensified horticulture production.
• Enhanced women participation and decision making in productive assets creation and utilisation.
• Increased functional community productive assets for households.
• Empowered local communities who are able to utilize and conserve the environment through sustainable participatory approaches.
The project will target 750 food insecure households which translate to 3750 beneficiaries in Masvingo District
BHASO recognizes the greater role that women, as the primary caregivers in the household, can play in the management of food and nutrition. At all levels of planning, implementation and evaluation of this programme, a special effort will be done to consult women for their opinions and views. The project will make efforts to involve both women and men in asset creation and utilization. Prioritization of women access to income and markets will be key in the project.