Young People We Care (YPWC)
Chivi Rural District
The YPWC project targets young people aged between 10-24 living with HIV and those not infected but whose family members are infected referred to as youth affected by HIV and AIDS.
To enhance the capacities of young people aged between 10 to 24 years of age infected and affected by HIV and AIDS to assist their peers in dealing with the problems posed by HIV and to mitigate the impact on families of people affected by HIV.
1. To increase HIV knowledge and use of HIV services by young people.
2. To create stronger linkages between HIV care, support, treatment and young people's initiatives.
3. To enhance psychosocial support for young people.
4. To build the capacity of young people to strengthen communication and leadership skills and sense of social responsibility.
· Increased knowledge of HIV and uptake of HIV and SRH service by young people.
· Increase ability to respond to adverse situations young people face.
· Increase access to HIV and SRH information.
· Reduce reported cases of abuse.